The comments on the last two posts have provided lots of very useful questions that we can ask to capture:
- A snapshot of current teaching induction programs in the Australian higher education sector; and
- Input from staff who have recently completed a teaching induction program
With respect to study 1, I have a list of the contacts for the 29 teaching induction programs that I know exist in the sector. In the not too distant future I will email those contacts to ask if they would be willing to be interviewed by the Fellowship partners.
With respect to study 2, I wonder what you think of the following process:
- Ask those directors of teaching induction programs who chose to participate in study 1 if they would be willing to allow us to contact staff who have recently completed their program (explaining that we would like input from people who are like the audience for our national program).
- Provide the directors with the questions that we propose to ask their staff.
- If they agree, ask for a list of staff with their email contact, information about their role (sessional/contract/continuing academic/professional) and their teaching experience (if possible).
- Contact sessional and non sessional staff who are new to teaching, until we have three staff from each institution who agree to do an interview with us.